This is a skill set covering the fundamental requirements for inspecting and servicing hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) systems and components in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
The skill set may only be undertaken in addition to:
- AUR30316 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology or equivalent
- AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent
OR as part of one of the following:
- AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis or equivalent
- AUR40616 Certificate IV in Automotive Electrical Technology or equivalent.
- one (1) pre-requisite unit AURETR035 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURSS00037 has 3 core units equating to 65 nominal hours
|AURETH010||Diagnose and repair high voltage rechargeable energy storage systems in hybrid electric vehicles|
|AURETH011||Depower and reinitialise hybrid electric vehicles|
|AURETH012||Service and maintain electrical components in hybrid electric vehicles|
On successful course completion, students will be issued with a Testamur or for partial course completion, a Statement of Attainment.
AURSS00037 provides the competencies required for an Automotive Mechanic within the automotive industry.